Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Product Review-Clarisonic Face Brush


I have had my Clarisonic Face Brush (CFB) since Christmas, and I love it! It makes me smile. I feel like I am getting a facial at home, minus some magic hands massaging me.  It was one of the best Christmas presents I have received. It is very pricey, at just under $200, but it is so worth it! My hubby got me the Pink Mia Plus CFB that was part of a holiday gift set. It came with a Peter Thomas Roth and Dr. Brandt cleanser, a Nicholas Perricone Moisturizer, and one of my favorite serums by Ole Henriksen. I would recommend waiting until the holidays to purchase it because you'll get so many more goodies for your money. 
This is what the product claims (from Sephora's website):

What it is formulated to do:
From the creators of the Sonicare® toothbrush comes the Clarisonic® Skincare Brush. Sonic technology first changed the way we clean our teeth, it's now changing how we cleanse our skin. The sonic frequency moves Clarisonic's soft, gentle brush back and forth at more than 300 times per second, thoroughly clearing pores and skin surface.
Here are some of the benefits this revolutionary skincare tool delivers:
- Removes makeup six times better than traditional methods.
- Clears pores and reduces the appearance of pore size.
- Cleanses so thoroughly that skincare products absorb better.
- Creates noticeably healthier looking skin.

The sonic frequency is key. The new Olay face brush moves in circles, not in sonic frequency. The vibration of the gentle brush moves 300 times per second. That is giving me one clean face! My pores have definitely gotten tighter since using my CFB. The spot treatments and moisturizers I use seem to be more effective since using my CFB, and my skin is glowing! I notice if I go a day or two without using it, my skin starts looking dull and even a bit flaky. Hmm...now that I mention it...It's time to use it tonight!

The CFB comes with the "sensitive" head brush, which I would recommend anyways. The "normal" one is a bit too abrasive, and is more for guys or even the body. The one my hubby got me came with a body brush as well, which is amazing on the decollate, knees, elbows, etc. Did I mention you can use it in the shower?? 

At first, I was so excited to use my CFB that I was using it twice a day. My skin was not happy with that much stimulation. I cut it down to once a day (which, upon reading more about the product is what the company recommends) at night. The whole thing just makes sense. Our skin has layers and layers of dead skin, called the stratum corneum, sitting on top. When we just slap on a serum, spot treatment, and/or moisturizer, it's not getting absorbed properly most of the time. Enter the CFB. Using it on a daily basis will result in a better performance by whatever it is you put on your skin afterwards because the CFB is constantly sloughing off (gently, I may add) that stratum corneum, aiding in better penetration of products.

Let's face it, most of us are worried about wrinkles and aging. We might spend a lot on the latest and greatest. We might not. It doesn't matter the cost of a product and what it promises. If your skin is impenetrable because of dead layers on top, nothing is going to work. The CFB is genius!!

I know, I know. Some of you are thinking, "who has the time for that?" "It's just another step in my routine!" It takes a minute; less if you want it to. The CFB comes with settings that you can adjust to fit the speed and the time your skin needs. I use the minute; 20 seconds on the chin and forehead, and 10 on each cheek. It's actually easier than washing your face yourself because it does the work for you. All you have to do is hold the brush against your skin (gently), and feel it's magic. Any cleanser can be used with this, although I wouldn't recommend using anything with exfoliating beads in it. 

This is what I do. I add some cleanser to my skin, wet my CFB, and then go at it! After the minute is up, I gently use the cleanser on my face to remove my eye makeup, rinse, and voila! A freshly cleansed face that is  glowing with possibility!

p.s. purchasing the pink one helps breast cancer research...just sayin'!

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm a stylist in LA and I'm totally obsessed with your blog. I'd love if you visited my new blog for multiple posts a day on all things fashion. I just moved to California after graduating back in south with a degree in visual merchandiser. In attempt to get my heel in the door, I've launched a site all about celebrity fashion and the trends that create it. Check out what Brad, Rachel Zoe's former associate shared with me and find out my latest trend report. I'd love the support. I'm following you, I hope you'll do the same. Thanks so much.

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    And don't forget to follow on Twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news, from an LA stylist.

    http://twitter.com/FashBoulevard

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this info! I am a new follower from FTLOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very coincidental! I recieved one for Christmas and was going to actually post a review tomorrow on my blog! I love it!

    ReplyDelete