Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Product Review-Natural Lip Smackers (Pink Guava)


I finally bought one of the 100% natural Lip Smackers. There were only 4 flavors to choose from, and Pink Guava sounded yummy, so that's what just happened to fall in my big red Target shopping cart. I couldn't wait to get home, so I opened it in the car to give it a try. I was immediately disappointed. I was expecting it to have a slight pink color to it or something, but it was clear. That's not really a bad thing, though. Upon reading the packaging, it is dye free. I can see how that is good, but it just doesn't compare to my Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm, which gives a very slight rosy color to the lips. However, with that said, I do love that this Lip Smackers is paraben, gluten, and dye free. Fabulous! It's cheap, too! Pink Guava does feel o.k. on my lips and gives them a fairly glossy look without being sticky and gross. Actually, it's a little more slippery than I like. 

If you are expecting the scent and flavors of regular Lip Smackers, you aren't going to get it. This one tastes kinda flowery, and the scent is just alright. It's more pure, which is great, but there is just something about that quasi plastic and artificial scent of, say, Dr. Pepper, watermelon, or bubblegum that makes Lip Smackers such a happy experience. 

All in all, I give it a frown line. There are better paraben free lip balms out there. On the flip side, there aren't that many great gluten free lip balms on the market. This one would be a great option for those who need that. 

I should of gone with my first instinct, which was to purchase the Acai Berry flavor. Ah...well...on to the next...

Have any of you tried this?

Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. I love Lip Smacker! :) I almost bought one of these natural balms when I was at Target a couple of months ago, but decided to hold off... I have a lip balm addiction, and it needs to be controlled at times, lol.

    ReplyDelete