Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Product Review-Nelson's Pure and Clear Acne Treatment Gel


Zit? What zit? For anyone who has the occasional pimple, or even constant ones, this is awesome! As I mentioned on my welcome page, I have struggled with acne for a long time. It's gotten a little better as I've matured, but it's still there, especially when I'm not on birth control pills. After years of using salicylic acid treatments, benzoyl peroxide gels, and a smorgasbord of other products, I have finally found the one spot treatment that really works! Nelson's Pure and Clear Acne Treatment Gel is an oxymoron for sure. It's gentle and powerful. With arnica, calendula, tea tree oil, and sulfur, come morning, pesky pimples are taken down a few notches.

I believe that the arnica and sulfur are the key to this formulation. Arnica is mainly used to heal bruising and other inflammation, so it just makes sense to use it for pimples! I tend to scar very easily from "healing" blemishes, but the red spots I get now are gone in the matter of days...no joke! And, since it's a keratolytic agent, meaning it encourages the shedding of dead skin, the sulfur truly helps heal pre-existing blemishes, as well as the scarring that happens afterwards. It's a win-win!

This homeopathic acne gel is clear and dries fast, so it can be used both day and night. The smell is kind of strong at first application, but it dissipates quickly. It smells a bit earthy. The price point is amazing, too. It’s around $7! You can’t beat it!

All in all, this product definitely makes my skin happy and ready to face the world!


Is there a product you are wondering about? Just ask... I will find out for you.

9 comments:

  1. Is this something we can get at Earth Fare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog! So glad I found you through Bloggy moms! Am following you now!
    You can find me at:
    http://rominagarciamartyrhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JennyV, Yes! You can get it at Earthfare. It's on sale now too...

    @ Romina Garcia, Thanks for your interest in my blog. I will definitely be looking into your as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, I bought this after you put it on me the night before our wedding and have been using it ever since. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, where can I find this I would love to try this I can't find anything that works on my acne and I have been to the doctors been on meds and cream's and nothing works...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dori. You can find it at Whole Foods. Any market like that should have it. Their toner is also fantastic!!Thanks for following my blog. If you have any more questions, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you... Do you have anything that works for the body as well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dori. While you are at Whole Foods, see if they have a product line called Derma-E. They have a great body wash for that reason. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Should there be another persuasive post you can share next time, I’ll be surely waiting for it. Dermatologia

    ReplyDelete