Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Heart New York!


 O.M.G. New York City is amazing! I love it's energy! Of course I already knew that seeing as though my first trip in 2006 proved to be VERY successful by an encounter with my favorite actor Will Smith! This 2-day vacation was just as awesome. I met my sister-in-law (creator of Operation Working Mom) and her 10-year-old daughter, my niece, Sydney. We had the best time walking and shopping around Times Square and 5th Ave., waking up at 4am to watch the Royal Wedding with TLC, and catching Daniel Radcliffe's show, "How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying."
At 4:30 am: (tired eyes)

Randy from "Say Yes to the Dress" 

A little bit later: (Semi-perky)



Funny story (no pictures, my camera died):

As Andie, Sydney, and I were leaving the show with our Playbills in hand, we came across a huge crowd. People were standing behind partitions waiting for somebody. Surely, he or she had to be a big deal to draw such a crowd, we thought! Sure enough, it was Chris Rock! So, we waited with them. Rock's driver then proceeded to take my niece's hand and led us to the front of the pack. Lucky us! That's when we saw it. The show that just ended was titled, "The Motherf*cker with the Hat." Very appropriate for a 10-year-old, right? It was hilarious. First Annabella Sciorra came out, and signed this little piece of white paper Sydney had on top of her "Business" Playbill. She said, "She didn't see this, did she?" Andie and I reassured her that, no, she didn't. "Thank God," Sciorra replied.It must have been pretty profane... I was like, "Sydney! You have to give me that Playbill! Nobody wants to sign someone else's show!" The driver then went out of his way to go back inside and retrieve a "Motherf*cker" Playbill for this doe-eyed 10-year-old. Bobby Cannavale then came out and had the same reaction to Sydney. Finally, Chris Rock made his appearance. He was mindlessly signing autographs, barely looking up. Then, he came across this 10-year-old beauty. His face was in utter shock. "You didn't see this?" He exclaimed! "No, we didn't, but she loves Grown-Ups!" I replied. It was awesome, but not nearly as great as the photos Andie has of his face, the "Motherf*cker with the Hat" poster in the background, and Sydney's naive little face. Once I get the picture from my SIL, I will have to show you!

Where were you during the Royal Wedding? If I had it my way, I would have been sleeping, but I did it for my sister-in-law, and goshdarnit...We had fun!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!

6 comments:

  1. I am sending the pictures tomorrow! :-) I promise. Ok maybe you should text me a reminder. We had so much fun in New York. I was definetely a trip that will being lots of great memories. Girl time with your sister is so important in our otherwise busy mom lives. So break out the trip books, we have to start planning the second annual girls weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from The Thursday Hop.
    Have a great day!
    POSH
    http://poshonabudget.com/2011/05/happy-thursday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. SYTTD...I am a sucker for that show. It's just so stinkin' addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughters and I weren't planning to watch the royal wedding but we eventually ended up watching most of it.

    Following you on Twitter, would love a follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must visit New York! New follower! Thanks for joining our Terrific Thursday Blog Hop! Be sure to join us in the fun next Thursday! Have a great weekend! :)
    Rondi
    wahmresourcesite.com
    moms-with-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to visit NY one day too! Looks like you had an awesome time there. And thank you for stopping by my blog! I appreciate it. :-)

    Have a lovely Day!

    Alexandra
    http://ropcorn.com/

    ReplyDelete