Sunday, May 15, 2011

Khloe Kardashian

I don't know if any of your follow celebrity gossip: US Weekly, People, or any of those magazines. I do sometimes, when I just need to get my mind of the stresses of life. Anyways, there is a headline that really bothers me. 

Apparently, Khloe Kardashian's (you may have heard of that family?) mom has been criticizing her weight, saying that she is "off base" and what she is "doing with the brand," is upsetting to her. She basically was saying that Khloe needed to lose weight. Ok, now, we have probably all seen the Kardashian sisters together in pictures from the media, right? Isn't it quite obvious that Khloe is much, MUCH taller than her other two sisters (5'9", to be exact), Kim and Kourtney? It has been said in a magazine that Khloe wears a size 6 to 8. Tell me how that makes her "fat!" I could go on and on and on about this. It really irks me. SIZE 6 TO 8 is actually below NORMAL range for average women! Look at this picture. She has a 6-pack for crying out loud!

Growing up, I was always one of, if not only, the tall girls in class. Much of the time, I was even taller than most boys. I have been called "Amazon," and was even accused of being anorexic in the 7th grade when I came back from the summer and had lost all my baby fat and grown a couple inches. I have so much empathy for Khloe and girls like her. I know what's it like to grow up amongst cute and petite family members and friends, having people look at me with intimidation in their eyes, and having to deal with putting up defense mechanisms because of it. It took a while to appreciate my broad shoulders, wide hips, and big feet, but now I love them all. They are a part of me that I am now proud of. 

I only hope teenage girls can take Khloe's story and know that what they see in pictures isn't always what it appears. Khloe Kardashian is actually a tall and healthy young woman who has a mother that makes her feel less than so. I guess us moms can learn a lesson here too. Let's not put so much pressure on our daughters to look like their peers. Let's show them how to embrace their differences and allow their true beauty to shine through. 

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I watch her show "Khloe and Lamar" all the time, and yes - her frame is larger. However, she isn't fat by any means! Her family is all much smaller than her, but at the same time, she works well with her frame. She knows her size, and she works it well - she even married a guy who fits well with her! I agree with everything you've said :D

    ReplyDelete