Thursday, May 26, 2011

Simple Salt Body Scrub

After my post about sunless tanners, a reader asked a question about body scrubs. She wanted to know of a good one to use. I really couldn't think of one. All the ones I have used are too oily and make a slippery mess in my shower. So, I thought, why not make one? Here's a great recipe to try:

Simple Salt Body Scrub
*4 oz. pure olive oil or grapeseed oil
*8 oz. of sea salt. Fine texture is best. Do not use table salt. It’s too harsh.
*10-20 drops of lemongrass essential oil.
Place salt in a small bowl. Add ½ the olive oil, mixing well with a spoon (wooden works best). You want the mixture to be moist enough to hold together. Add the remaining olive oil until you reach this consistency. Add your desired amount of lemongrass oil and combine well. Store in a container with a lid and use once a week. 

Happy scrubbing, Bloggies! Please let me know how you like your new homemade body scrub!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day! 

2 comments:

  1. Could you use sugar? I've heard of sugar scrubs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think its best to use salt rather than sugar.

    black scrubs

    ReplyDelete