Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happiness Is...Basketball

I just love the Happiness Is...Bloghop. Becky, at Rub Some Dirt on It,  really came up with a genius idea for this hop. It helps us all to remember what we are thankful for every day. For me, this week, it is basketball. This sport was such a huge part of my life growing up. I had the chance to play on a NBA court this past weekend, and it was awesome! I hope you all do something that makes you happy this weekend too!

Photobucket


Saturday was a great day. I got to do something I haven't done in years! Relieve stress? Check. Workout? Check. Shoot hoops? Check. Play pick-up? Check. Do this all on a squeaky clean and professional court? YES!! Our friends are season ticket holders to the Bobcats (Why? I dunno. To go to the only two important games of the year, I guess: The Celtics), and they invited Tom and I to an open court day at the Arena. It was AWESOME! 


The only thing missing was a freshly pressed uniform and warm up pants. The smell of the leather basketballs, the squeak of sneakers as they stop and go, my right hand follow through as the ball makes an oh-so-nostalgic "swish" in the net. Combine this with the bright lights, stadium seating, sweaty men (who our team beat, by the way), and my court swagger. It was euphoric. 



This is so hard to explain, but basketball was such a HUGE part of my life back in the day. Nowadays, I'm a wife and a mom. I wouldn't trade my life for anything. However, to just have a couple of hours to remember my carefree days of shooting hoops until the street lights came on, challenging the fellas at Coolidge field, playing and flirting  for hours in the practice court at Natick High, well...it really meant a lot to me, to my psyche, and to my husband, I'm sure. I am refreshed, reassured, and rejuvenated. I don't think my friends truly understand just how much they did for me two days ago. Thanks Kim and Trevor!



P.S. This is how excited Connor was to open his basketball hoop. 


He has a legit jump shot and palms the toddler sized ball. That a boy! (no pressure or anything). ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is really cool!! And your son is too cute!

    ReplyDelete